Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The 'beauty' of uneventfulness

There is absolutely nothing going on. 

For a person who thrives on a certain amount of drama that is a really bad thing. The highlight of today has been finding maggots in the bottom of the trash can and the subsequent 'Dooming' of them. 

I need a deadline. I function well on deadlines. I kind of have a deadline for unpacking, since we are getting visitors for dinner on Friday, but I find it very hard to experience house work as something so important that it deserves a deadline. My apologies to all of you housewives who feel differently, but I just don't have that kind of domesticity in me. 

Someone give me an interesting task and a deadline. Please (and dear hubby, no, finding out what to eat for the next two weeks and shopping for it is not an interesting task, and neither is filling out the insurance claim).  

1 comment:

Pinpaks said...

I love your writing..

oh and let me tell you.. I absolutely adore the way you put words, phrases and what not in the 'filed under' column. very creative, innovative and what not.. I do not miss reading them along with the post.

If there is one such thing as blog-addiction, I just might be getting it.

yes ma'm I am officially hooked to your blog.